Jay from COUCH Off-Road Engineering is in Breslau, Poland taking on one of the toughest offroad races in the world. Jay and his team are the first Americans to ever enter the Breslau Adventure Rallye.
RACE UNIMOG SPECS:
- Cummins 24 Valve Diesel with ATS turbo, Bell intercooler and P7100 IP setup Apx. 450 HP
- Race Weight 16,500 lbs or 7,484 kilograms
- Tires are 49″ tall 445/70R24 XM-47’s on custom Stazworks bead locks wheels
- Axles are lighter and plumbed with CTIS (Central Tire Inflation System)
- Suspension are ful bypass KING reservoir shocks.
- Exo-cage is 2 3/8″ mild steel tubing
- Odssey flat plate drycell batteries.
- (2) 22,000 lbs hydraulic Mile Marker winches
- Garmin GPS and helmet-to-helmet communication
- Cab interior is rhino-lined
- LED lighting
- The clutch is a single, hybrid, puck clutch with kevlar and ceramic
- Hydraulic cooling fans, winch and 4 stock circuits
Not only did they finish but they took 11th in the big truck class, out of 36. Congratulations to Jay and Team CORE for an outstanding race. Check out their blog to get a play by play race coverage TEAM CORE BLOG
Now what you all want to see anyway….a few more race photos
Check out Bam Bam at about :25